NHS IT Network Cabling
A major IT and telephone network cabling project at St Richards NHS Hospital in Chichester, West Sussex.
Although complex, this project was typical of the type of work Portsmouth Communications is asked to do. In this case the hospital’s computer services needed to be re-located urgently from temporary portacabins to a permanent location within the main hospital.
Critically, the installation and transfer needed to take place without any interruption to the computer services so that the hospital could continue to operate normally.
Portsmouth Communications was asked to project manage the whole move, working in conjunction with the hospital’s in-house computer team. The work comprised of three main elements ; data network / telephone cabling , electrical infrastructure and project management.
- Supply, installation and testing of: multi-core fibre optic cables, Cat 5e data outlets and telephone extensions.
- Full network testing (Fluke, light meter & OTDR)
- Diverson of the existing fibre optic backbone.
- Supply, installation and testing of a new electrical circuits and a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
- Project management of the above works within tight timescales and outside of normal working hours to minimise any disruption to the hospital.
In the event a smooth and successful transfer took place without any downtime or faults.
If you have would like to discuss similar projects or any of our other products and services then please feel free to contact us on 0800 849 7888 or send an enquiry for a quote